Friday, June 26, 2009

Anali's Third Birthday and Time at Home with Family


Anali just celebrated her third birthday with a few of her friends and their parents. We did a picnic in our yard and just played. The girls planted flowers in the garden I planted when Anali was born. On Sunday, we had another cake and gave her a few gifts from family. A couple of days after her birthday, she said during prayers, "God, thank you for my happy scooter and my camera." Her name means gracious, and it fits her so beautifully!


Planting in Anali's garden

Ava, Jasmine, Anali, and Kimberly

Anali as we sing her "Happy Birthday"

Asher running up our alley


I like my kids. I like being home with them. Our mornings and afternoons consist of cereal, dancing, walks to the swings, trips to the library or Target, naps, naps, and more naps (for me, too!), book-reading, snacks, playing in the kid pool, weeding the garden, playing with friends, and all things that are in no way related to school or work!

While Asher naps, Anali and I fold laundry, read books, play ring-around-the-rosie, or attempt to clean. When we wakes, he likes to sit on the bottom step to signal that he wants his shoes on for a walk.

Asher is getting quite good at signing: Mama, Daddy, Eat, Thank you, Please, Plane, Dog, Baby, Walk, Dance, Swing, Sit, Car, Truck, Bird, Hat, Shoes, Socks, Shirt, Nap, Brush Teeth, and so on. And he can say Mama, Dada, Ana, Dog (Da), Down (Do), Ball (Ba), Banana (Nana). What he can't communicate with his words, he makes clear with sparkly eyes, grunts, screams, running and pointing, and other such gesticulations.



1 comment:

Michelle said...

I do love their gesticulations. :) I was just thinking about how good of a communicator Natalie has become too. When do we get to see our children gesticulate between each other again?