Sunday, September 17, 2006

Gaining Balance


My new students joined me at work this Monday. Grammy and Grandpa boarded a plane for Europe on Friday. And my mom and dad are on their way down this evening. We've got a lot going on. While Tana is certain Anali will forget her during the three weeks they are out of town, I am quite sure she will remember the sweet smells and smiles of Grammy's house. If she didn't coo and squeal when I walk in their house each morning, I'm not sure I could leave her for those few hours to go off to work. Teaching has been going well...better than I expected. I like my new students, and I'm finding that a part-time day does go quite a bit faster. Brandon's landscaping ventures are tapering off as the air cools down, and we'll be enjoying evenings by the fire any day now...if I'm allowed to turn on the gas..."You know with gas prices so high these days..." Yeah. Yeah. Even my dad let me turn the heat up to 68 degrees...if I rubbed his feet. Can you believe I'm already talking heat? It was 80 degrees not a week ago. It will be nice to have my parents with us for a while. They're excited to live with Anali this week. Who can blame them? She's pretty much our television these days. At 7:00 we have our own "Entertainment Tonight," complete with celebrity blow outs. After a bath, it's CUsLie - a.k.a. bedtime (Brandon's doubtful anyone will get my super-dorky joke.). Oh, yeah. And you thought we were the life of the party before! Oh, no! I have mom humor now! I can just see the eye rolling of 2019! I'm stopping now. And I'll be sure to delete this blog before my baby turns 13...though it's pretty stinkin' hard to picture anyone so cute rolling her eyes! Posted by Picasa

No comments: