Sunday, July 01, 2007

Anali's Birthday

We began our day at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium. I took the day off, and we had a "buddy day," as Hannah and I used to call special days growing up. Our friends Susan and Jasmine joined us for our first trip to the zoo.

She was crying here, but I wanted a shot so badly I didn't save her. I got a few glares from more attentive mothers around me. She recovered easily when we moved on to the puffins.

Every year on her birthday, we'll take out my wedding dress and get a snapshot of her in it. A fun way to watch her grow. Good thing we had a daughter, because I don't think a son would think much of posing in Mama's wedding dress.

Her first cupcake, and she didn't hesitate to dig right in.

For Anali's first birthday, we had a few close friends and family over for an informal barbeque. We ate and visited, took pictures of her in my wedding dress, wrote notes to her (for her to read when she's grown), watched Anali devour her cupcake, then headed indoors to share with Anali what we loved most about her (That was the start of a really special tradition we hope to continue in our family. Thanks to those of you who shared. Anali will treasure those messages throughout her lifetime!), and danced to her favorite song. Brandon and I were extraordinarily blessed to have in one room so many people brimming with love for Anali. This year has been sweeter than any cupcake!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I have thoroughly appreciated your efforts in keeping this blog up to date with all of Anali's wonderful pictures and your many funny annotations as she has grown this past year. It has brought much joy to my heart! Thank you, Sweetheart!
Love,
Mom