Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Summer of the Bugs

Brandon found this praying mantis on our lawn the other day. Made him reminisce about the pet mantis he kept as a kid. He used to collect crickets and zip them into the pocket of his parachute pants to carry home to feed her (Napoleon Dynamite, anyone?)! One of the many funny things I love about his man!


Is it just me, or is it the Summer of the Bugs? I can't remember the last time I've had so many bugs in my house. Oh, scratch that, yes - it was in the Summer of 2000 and I was living on the farm in Brandon's uncle's attic with 900 mating moths. Our house is not filthy, so what's the deal? I just killed a spider with a dirty diaper. That's poetic justice, if I've ever seen it! And the flies! What have I done to deserve this? They wait until I'm sitting comfortably nursing Anali to attack. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gina said...

yes! tons of bugs... I had a BEE fly into the car while I was driving today. I had to pull over and kill it (yes with a diaper, but not a dirty one). And then yesterday there was A SPIDER IN WIN'S CRIB!!!A HHHHHHHHHHHH!!! i rose to the occasion and killed it though. Im so scared of spiders, ick ick. love, gina